The LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center offers a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program where law student volunteers provide free tax preparation services for federal and state income taxes to foreign students, teachers and researchers that qualify as non-resident taxpayers. Individuals who have F, J, M, or Q visas are eligible for assistance.
Dates of service:
March 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22 from 5:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.
Paul M. Hebert Law Center
1 East Campus Drive
Room 110, First Floor
Enter the sliding glass doors of the East Annex building and walk to the left of the escalators on the first floor.
Foreign students, teachers, and researchers with F, J, M, or Q visa status.
Please note the following will disqualify you from assistance: 1099-MISC, Capital Gains, Rental Income, Sale of Real Property, Gain for Sale of Personal Property, Dividends.
What to bring:
- 2010 tax return, if available
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- Form W-2, if you received one
- Form 1042-S, if applicable
- Form 1098-T, if applicable
- Form 1099-MISC, if applicable
- Form 1099-R, if applicable
- Form I-94
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers (i.e., a blank check) if you wish to use direct deposit.